Features of the template
Features available in the template websites that benefit The Rotary Foundation.
Click on the thumbnail image above, then scroll through the pictures at your own pace, by clicking the arrow on the right of the image
Whilst primarily aimed at providing Rotary Clubs with an easy-to-use website, the template also has a number of club administration features available - at no extra cost
All clubs using the template have the following;
- A modern, attractive website, using the latest technologies and standards; all websites are responsive for viewing on any device, e.g. desktop computer, laptop, i-Pad, tablet, smartphone, TV
- Branding, colour schemes etc according to type of site.
- an easy to maintain website; very little technical knowledge required, though the advanced user can really go to town!
- Choose which features they want to display on their home page (and make use of them elsewhere in the site)
- photo galleries (contents created automatically)
- upcoming events
- club officers
- links (also includes automatic RSS Feed from Rotary International, without any effort!)
- integration with social media
- Create an unlimited number of pages
- Easily add slideshows and headline images to pages
- A long-term aim is to integrate with the RI membership database, to prevent duplication of effort.
- available in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German
All sites have a password protected members area, only accessible to members of their club.
- update their own details
- view details about other members
- send emails, with attachments, to other members
- send apologies if unable to make a meeting/event
- view the birthday list, club officers, club committees
- easily access the future programme
- communicate and discuss project ideas via a club forum
- access other forums available to all template users (e.g. help or discussion lists)
- one or more committee members can be granted access to edit the pages associated with their committee.
- create a members 'ticklist' form for club events.
In addition to the above, the site administrator (who controls things) can:
- Create web pages
- choose various elements for the home page display, including full-width carousel and/or featured pages
- integrate the site with soial media
- add/update meetings and events
- add/update member details
- upload pdf/Word/Excel and other files, in addition to images.
- make other members additional site administrators, to share the load
- add club officers to posts (and create club-specific posts)
- create committees, add committee members, define committee roles
- Modify club details, for example the venue, meeting times, venue co-ordinates to create a Google Map automatically
- easily create pages, with slideshows/carousel
- Create an unlimited number of different contact form subjects and recipients
- Create 'members only' pages - only accessible to club members when logged in
- Highlight information for members on their home page when logged in.
- and much, much more....!
For the benefit of The Rotary Foundation!
No setup fee!
(I have run this project for several years at my own expense and the annual cost of £95 now includes £20 to go towards hosting, insurance and support costs. About £75 is paid to The Rotary Foundation).
Please see the tutorial site for further guidance
Rotary Club of Conwy.