As Rotarians, we know we are not experts in this field but we can help maintain awareness of this subject and point those affected in the right direction where they can get help.
On the right hand side you will find tabs to take you to pages detailing:
- Resources for Rotarians (featuring flyers of supporters of our Don't Bottle It Up campaign;
- Sources of Help (We know we are not experts but we can point you in the direction of where you can seek help if needed);
- Speakers (Mainly a resource for Rotary clubs, this details speakers we are aware of who are willing to speak on various Mental Health matters)
So what can we as Rotarians do to really make a difference?
- Learn more about the different types of mental health problems via Mental Health First Aid courses
- Support mental health groups in our own communities
- Help Raise awareness via community events, health fairs and talks
- Invite a speaker on Mental Health to talk to your Club
- Learn what steps to take to look after your own mental wellbeing
Understanding mental health problems
Mental Health problems cover a vast array of symptoms and conditions, for more information on different types of mental health problems visit
Looking after our own mental health
Tips on how to look after our own mental health from the Mental Health Foundation
Please also visit our Facebook page where you can see updates on Mental Health issues and link up with others who want to discuss such matters. Click on the Favebook logo below.